Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Deleted Trash Bin

Deleted Trash Bin

Stubby

I fat-fingered my Mail account and managed to delete the Trash bin.
Can someone tell me how to recover? TIA

Ed Mullen

Stubby wrote:
> I fat-fingered my Mail account and managed to delete the Trash bin. Can
> someone tell me how to recover? TIA

What exactly did you do? And exactly what do you want to recover?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Stubby

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Stubby wrote:
>> I fat-fingered my Mail account and managed to delete the Trash bin.
>> Can someone tell me how to recover? TIA

> What exactly did you do? And exactly what do you want to recover?

I don't actually know what I did. However, I noticed that I can't
delete messages from my InBox using "Delete those marked as spam". Upon
looking, the Trash bin no long appears on the mail account along with
Inbos, Unsent, Drafts, Sent and my own Local Folders.

So, I need to have a Trash bin back so I can delete things.

gwtc

Stubby wrote:

> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Stubby wrote:
>>> I fat-fingered my Mail account and managed to delete the Trash bin.
>>> Can someone tell me how to recover? TIA

>> What exactly did you do? And exactly what do you want to recover?
>>

> I don't actually know what I did. However, I noticed that I can't
> delete messages from my InBox using "Delete those marked as spam". Upon
> looking, the Trash bin no long appears on the mail account along with
> Inbos, Unsent, Drafts, Sent and my own Local Folders.
>
> So, I need to have a Trash bin back so I can delete things.

have you closed the program and restarted it? It should be rebuilt
when you restart the program

--
So, You Think You Know Everything?

Did you know that Al Capone's business card said he was a used
furniture dealer.

Stubby

gwtc wrote:
> Stubby wrote:
>>
>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> What exactly did you do? And exactly what do you want to recover?
>>>

>> I don't actually know what I did. However, I noticed that I can't
>> delete messages from my InBox using "Delete those marked as spam".
>> Upon looking, the Trash bin no long appears on the mail account along
>> with Inbos, Unsent, Drafts, Sent and my own Local Folders.
>>
>> So, I need to have a Trash bin back so I can delete things.

> have you closed the program and restarted it? It should be rebuilt when
> you restart the program

Thanks. That fixed it. Maybe I'll suggest that Thunderbird be
mofified to prevent to require confirmation upon deleting the standard
mailboxes, including Trash.

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

Stubby wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>> Stubby wrote:

>>> I don't actually know what I did. However, I noticed that I can't
>>> delete messages from my InBox using "Delete those marked as spam".
>>> Upon looking, the Trash bin no long appears on the mail account along
>>> with Inbos, Unsent, Drafts, Sent and my own Local Folders.
>>>
>>> So, I need to have a Trash bin back so I can delete things.

>> have you closed the program and restarted it? It should be rebuilt
>> when you restart the program
>>

> Thanks. That fixed it. Maybe I'll suggest that Thunderbird be
> mofified to prevent to require confirmation upon deleting the standard
> mailboxes, including Trash.

Why? If you delete a standard folder, it will be recreated the next time
the programs starts anyway.

so what would be the point of
**Warning**
You have requested the Trash folder be deleted
Please confirm
Note the Trash folder will be recreated for
You on the next restart

Maybe it should be

**Warning**
Dont do that its useless
The folder Trash will be recreated on restart
So dont bother

Jim

> **Warning**
> Dont do that its useless
> The folder Trash will be recreated on restart
> So dont bother

I'd go with a window that says "Don't delete **** you don't
want to delete".

arul arul is offline
Junior Member

it's so easy to fix, yet I probably would have never though of it.

My Trash folder has been recreated (and even filled with my previous trash), but I created a few sub-folders to keep emails for reference. Does anyone know a way to get the sub-folder of trash back.

thanks,
arul