Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > PSU Load tester

PSU Load tester

mpilchfamily mpilchfamily is offline
Junior Member

For those interested I'm working on 2 different designs trying to find the most cost effective and accurate rout.

Load Resistor Design:
http://www.xcpus.com/forums/mods/458...-test-bed.html

Transistor Load Design:
http://www.xcpus.com/forums/mods/543...ad-tester.html

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Unholy's been working on the PSU tester, but I think he has focused his attention to posting updates at this site: http://www.themodnation-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=333

Last update was in September 2007. I suggest you send him a PM at both sites and start up a dialog.

Remember that you are working with large currents and lots of heat when testing PSU's. Safety is your most important goal, as you don't want something bursting into flames. Incorporate safety margins in your design and provide adequate ventilation - meaning lots of fans to blow air over those poor load banks.

Lastly, using a heavy duty power strip with built-in circuit protector and on/off switch gives you the ability to quickly drop the load should things start smoking!

Last edited by bigal; 10-19-2007 at 10:14 AM..

bmw2007 bmw2007 is offline
Junior Member

that's cool! I have never even heard of a psu load tester, but it makes perfect sense! where did you get the schematic?...