Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Parallel text solutions?

Parallel text solutions?

Harlan Messinger

Andrew wrote:

> I have searched for information on indenting the second line without
> much success. Do you have a link?

You mean, a hanging indentation, like this?

Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought
forth on this continent a new nation, conceived
in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that
all men are created equal.

Use (substituting your choice of indentation size):

padding-left: 2em;
text-indent: -2em;

Andrew

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:21:26 -0400, Harlan Messinger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Andrew wrote:
>>
>> I have searched for information on indenting the second line without
>> much success. Do you have a link?
>>

>You mean, a hanging indentation, like this?
>
>Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought
> forth on this continent a new nation, conceived
> in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that
> all men are created equal.
>
>Use (substituting your choice of indentation size):
>
> padding-left: 2em;
> text-indent: -2em;

Hi,

That is absolutely ingenious. Thanks!!