Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Seven Steps to a Vital Videoconference

Seven Steps to a Vital Videoconference

shopzero.net

http://www.shopzero.net/article/vide...ncing/2866.php

When it's time for your fifteen minutes of fame will you be ready? With
videoconferencing becoming common place in 21st century communication,
executives, entrepreneurs, and leaders need to be media savvy. Here's
how to put your best face forward:

1. Prepare. It's not enough to show up to speak. Practice with the
technology an hour before your presentation and rehearse your message
points. Don't wing it.

2. Pause and Listen. Expect time delays. A weak video signal could
cause a delay or echo. Allow ample time for your message to reach the
other site and wait for a response before you resume making new
remarks.

3. Use Small Gestures. Actions are amplified on videoconference. Wild,
sweeping movements can result in distorted, fuzzy images.

4. Appoint a Moderator. The moderator facilitates the meeting,
introduces guests, and keeps the presentation movoing. The moderator or
a designated person operates the technology to free speakers to focus
on the message.

5. Dress for TV. Avoid distracting jewelry, shiny clothing, and large,
bold patterns. Keep another shirt or blouse in the office for late day
videoconferences. Perspiration stains and wrinkles will be noticeable
on video. Keep powder handy for shiny noses and bald spots.

6. Create a Connection. Begin with hello. The wave is a standard
greeting in videoconferencing. Use the zoom function on the camera to
establish eye contact. It's difficult to communicate without viewing
facial expressions from the remote site.

7. Minimize Distractions. Keep noise down by restricitng movement in
and out of the room. Turn off all beepers and cell phones at the
beginning of the meeting. Place a "Do Not Enter" sign on the door and
change activities frequently to maintain attention and avoid the
boredom factor.

Nothing can replace in-person communication. But if you master the
techniques of online communication, videoconferencing is the next best
thing to being there.

http://www.shopzero.net/article/vide...ncing/2866.php

Derek Janssen

shopzero.net wrote:

> http://www.shopzero.net/article/vide...ncing/2866.php
>
> When it's time for your fifteen minutes of fame will you be ready? With
> videoconferencing becoming common place in 21st century communication,
> executives, entrepreneurs, and leaders need to be media savvy. Here's
> how to put your best face forward:
>
> 1. Prepare. It's not enough to show up to speak. Practice with the
> technology an hour before your presentation and rehearse your message
> points. Don't wing it.
>
> 2. Pause and Listen. Expect time delays. A weak video signal could
> cause a delay or echo. Allow ample time for your message to reach the
> other site and wait for a response before you resume making new
> remarks.
>
> 3. Use Small Gestures. Actions are amplified on videoconference. Wild,
> sweeping movements can result in distorted, fuzzy images.

4. Don't be dopey enough to forget what you're doing and talk to DVD
groups instead.

Derek Janssen (that will kill you in the corporate marketplace, trust me)

myvideotalk2u myvideotalk2u is offline
Junior Member
Location: Please click on the link below http://message2.myvideowebstream.com/view/?id=5G38KBEF9QMF4PW5JQX7

Please click on the link below to view your message
(If clicking doesn't work, ‘Cut’ and ‘Paste’ the link below into your
Web browser's address bar.)

Speak soon Aldin Miller

http://message2.myvideowebstream.com...33JDG60KLR355R

MSN videoconference Geoff Computer Support 0 11-16-2005 11:56 AM
A problem with authorization process (Too Important and vital) Mohammad Hashemian ASP .Net 0 11-04-2005 03:15 PM
Vital vs. Verilog Simulation runtime Jon VHDL 7 05-15-2004 01:00 PM
SIMPLE HTML FOR VITAL SITE Julia HTML 2 04-19-2004 12:53 PM
Vital Question Snir HTML 1 12-29-2003 05:21 PM

Advertisments