Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > change default install directory when using bdist_rpm

change default install directory when using bdist_rpm

krithika.sridhar@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm using :
python setup.py bdist_rpm

to create an rpm package to distribute my python app on linux.

When i install the rpm, the files are installed in
/usr/share/python/site-packages/..... directory by default.

How do i change the installation directory??

Thanks,
krithika

Jérôme Le Bougeant

Hi,

try :
python setup.py bdist_rpm --dist-dir="/home/..."