Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > STP reconverges unless etherchannel port cost set

STP reconverges unless etherchannel port cost set

Chris Buzby

if gig ether channel has a port cost of ? (I think 3) and one
interface fails does it still have the same port cost?

We ran into a problem on 6500's gig ether channel, where we did not
set the port cost and Spanning tree would reconverge if we pulled an
interface in the port channel group.

Just trying to figure out if it should and why it does?

Seting the port cost on the channel group removes the problem
completly.

Thanks for any ideas...

Chris Buzby

STP port inconsistent m.mazurek@netsync.pl Cisco 0 04-10-2006 09:19 PM
Etherchannel vs. STP - what do you think? Igor Mamuzic Cisco 2 09-19-2005 06:09 PM
Unless unless Gábor SEBESTYÉN Ruby 3 06-17-2005 08:54 AM
Autonegotiation, DTP, PAgP, and STP steps a port moves through John Sasso Cisco 2 08-14-2004 03:37 PM
etherchannel and spanning tree cost Yannick CHAMPS Cisco 0 08-06-2004 03:32 PM

Advertisments