Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Advice for Python Reporting Tool

Advice for Python Reporting Tool

rwboley

I'm currently learning my way through Python and in the process
developing a reporting tool for the company I'm working for.

Basically the tool rips through an existing .XML file to grab the
information needed and spits it out in a nicely formated html page that
is easily read by anyone. This part works great, however I'm finding
myself a bit lost on the next step.

My employers want a graph added to the functionality. Prior to this,
they have been loading the .XML file into excel and forming a crude
pivot table. Of the table a nice looking graph is generated.

My question is: how can I make that graphing step easier? Ideally I'd
like the chart to exist on it's own page, but I have no idea where to
even begin to implement this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Ryan

Mike Kent

rwboley wrote:

> My question is: how can I make that graphing step easier? Ideally I'd
> like the chart to exist on it's own page, but I have no idea where to
> even begin to implement this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I've seen several people recommend matplotlib for this kind of thing.

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

rwboley

Mike Kent wrote:
> rwboley wrote:
>
> > My question is: how can I make that graphing step easier? Ideally I'd
> > like the chart to exist on it's own page, but I have no idea where to
> > even begin to implement this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

> I've seen several people recommend matplotlib for this kind of thing.
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

Thanks Mike, this has worked out perfectly!

Ryan

Web based Reporting tool for Python Madhu Alagu Python 10 08-12-2007 08:42 PM
AD: JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm license reporting tool) JTB WORLD VHDL 2 09-03-2006 03:02 PM
Looking for an XML (database-based) Query Reporting Tool/advice Alex XML 2 06-21-2005 07:06 PM
Cisco ACS Reporting Tool vashdev Cisco 0 08-26-2004 05:35 AM
Extraxi Offers Reporting Tool for Cisco Secure ACS 3.x Extraxi Cisco 0 03-02-2004 06:46 PM

Advertisments