Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > PyList_Append requires explicit Py_INCREF after?

PyList_Append requires explicit Py_INCREF after?

seberino@spawar.navy.mil

PyList_Append requires explicit Py_INCREF after?

(I didn't see in docs where it said if appends a new reference
or a borrowed reference like other APIs.)

thanks!

Chris

Fredrik Lundh

> PyList_Append requires explicit Py_INCREF after?
>
> (I didn't see in docs where it said if appends a new reference
> or a borrowed reference like other APIs.)

if successful, PyList_Append(seq, item) increments the reference count
for item.

</F>