Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > what do you guys prefer for ajax?

what do you guys prefer for ajax?

what do you guys prefer for ajax?
dojo
mochikit
prototype
or somehting else/

Ravi Teja

a wrote:
> what do you guys prefer for ajax?
> dojo
> mochikit
> prototype
> or somehting else/

I am using OpenLaszlo for a project with a Karrigell (Python) ReST
backend. Now strictly speaking, this is not AJAX at the moment. It
uses Flash but has the same "asynchronous updates from the server"
model. I am waiting for their DHTML engine to mature to switch to it
(they just released a preview). The DHTML engine is AJAX and is based
on Dojo toolkit.

Pro:.
1.) Declarative UI development.
2.) Good look and feel for free.
3.) Comprehensive API for data binding.
4.) Excellent documentation.

Cons:
1.) Only Flash available now.

You might want to take a look at TurboGears 1.0 preview as well. They
have made quite a bit of progress integrating MochiKit.