Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Problems pinging through VPN tunnel between pix 515e and a 1700 series router.

Problems pinging through VPN tunnel between pix 515e and a 1700 series router.

Anand Mohabir

My current setup includes a Pix 515e at the main office and a 1700
series router at a branch office.

The VPN tunnel is established from either end once the interesting
traffic initiates the connection however I am having trouble pinging
from either end once the tunnel is established.

Everything thing seems fine. I don't see the traffic getting lost
anywhere. The packets gets encrypted but they don't make it to the
other end.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Johnny Routin

Have you tried using different packet sizes to determine if it's a mtu
issue?

--
JR
--