Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > interactive multi-file search and replace

interactive multi-file search and replace

Ryan Krauss

I need to do some searching and replacing in about 10 latex files.
Does anyone have an existing script that does this on an interactive
basis? I would like to show each match and ask whether or not it
should be replaced.

This seems like a fairly common task and I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Ryan

James Stroud

Ryan Krauss wrote:
> I need to do some searching and replacing in about 10 latex files.
> Does anyone have an existing script that does this on an interactive
> basis? I would like to show each match and ask whether or not it
> should be replaced.
>
> This seems like a fairly common task and I don't want to re-invent the
> wheel.
>
> Ryan

Most people probably use something like vim rather than re-inventing the
wheel themselves.

James

--
James Stroud