Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Tetris

Tetris

Devon G. Parks

I've been searching google and this group for a while now for a good
tutorial on making a Tetris-style game in Python. I hear Tetris is a
good starting point, and although I am fairly new to programming I
think I would learn best if I had some code to experiment with because
without a tutorial I have no idea where to start. If you know of a
tutorial that is specific to this game please let me know where to find
it.

Rune Strand

Devon G. Parks wrote:
> I've been searching google and this group for a while now for a good
> tutorial on making a Tetris-style game in Python. I hear Tetris is a
> good starting point, and although I am fairly new to programming I
> think I would learn best if I had some code to experiment with because
> without a tutorial I have no idea where to start. If you know of a
> tutorial that is specific to this game please let me know where to find
> it.

There's a 600-liners here: http://www.pygame.org/projects/21/133/

Not a tutorial, but maybe just as good?

yairchu@gmail.com

pygame.org is what you need
it has tutorials
it's cool

Tetris problem Active Volcano C++ 1 12-04-2009 03:24 PM
Re: Google Celebrates Tetris Birthday philo Computer Support 2 06-06-2009 11:23 PM
Google App Engine Code Challenge - write a tetris playing algorithm russ.au Python 0 12-01-2008 12:41 AM
is anyone here who made text vesion tetris? dondora C++ 2 04-05-2006 06:04 PM
3d Tetris Doc Java 0 11-04-2003 10:24 PM

Advertisments