Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > download file from intranet linux server to windows clients

download file from intranet linux server to windows clients

Luis P. Mendes

Cameron Laird

In article <4492e5c1$0$15782$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Luis P. Mendes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
.
.
.
>I'm building an intranet web server in Linux for around 40 windows
>clients with Django.
>
>The problem is that I want to build an excel file based on criteria
>entered by the client, that the client must be able do download to his
>personal work space. I use pyExcelerator to create the Excel files.
>
>How can I do it? Do I need another excel generator?
>
>Client's information about its working directory should be read, but
>how? I could only find the way to read the server environment
>variables, where data is processed.

.
.
.
We do a lot of this--dynamic construction on the server-side of
Excel documents, delivered as Web pages. My impression is that
you're working too hard: don't bother worrying about where "the
client's workspace" is; just let the browser manage all that.
Browsers are adequate or better at downloading.