Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyHook equivalent on Linux ? (mouse and keyboard events without focus)

pyHook equivalent on Linux ? (mouse and keyboard events without focus)

learner404@gmail.com

Hello,

I have a Windows Pyhon-Tk app which need to capture mouse end keyboard
events even when the app is not in focus.

On Windows so far I've used the excellent PyHook which does the job
perfectly:

" The pyHook library wraps the low-level mouse and keyboard hooks in
the Windows Hooking API for use in Python applications."
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/tech/tr08.shtml

Is there something similar on Linux (I'm using Ubuntu/Kubuntu) ?

Should I go down down to the Windows Manager ? Can my Python-Tkinter
app communicate with KDE or Gnome to know and use these events ?

Any suggestions/leads would me much appreciated.

learner404

pyHook and time libraries Doron Python 4 12-01-2012 07:26 PM
pyHook and py2exe Gandalf Python 1 06-22-2008 06:43 PM
pyHook equivalent for WH_SHELL hooks? =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Jan_B=F6cker?= Python 0 04-21-2007 05:06 PM
pyHook and Win98 key events RayS Python 0 02-15-2006 09:32 PM
pyHook example.py brakes windows dead keys mechanisme Martin P. Hellwig Python 0 10-22-2005 01:19 PM

Advertisments