Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > wxpython: where is the demo?

wxpython: where is the demo?

John Salerno

I just realized that after installing wxPython, it did not add the usual
menu item to my Start menu (Windows), where I can access the docs and
demo. I searched through the wxPython folder in the site-packages
directory, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone know how I can get this back?

Thanks.

Morpheus

That's a separate download.

Morpheus

"John Salerno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lIYhg.2265$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just realized that after installing wxPython, it did not add the usual
> menu item to my Start menu (Windows), where I can access the docs and
> demo. I searched through the wxPython folder in the site-packages
> directory, but I can't seem to find it.
>
> Anyone know how I can get this back?
>
> Thanks.

vasudevram

John Salerno wrote:
> I just realized that after installing wxPython, it did not add the usual
> menu item to my Start menu (Windows), where I can access the docs and
> demo. I searched through the wxPython folder in the site-packages
> directory, but I can't seem to find it.
>
> Anyone know how I can get this back?
>
> Thanks.

Its a separate download. See:
http://wxpython.org/download.php#binaries
Look down the page to the section Prebuilt Binaries - MS Windows -
Docs, Demos, Samples. The direct link is:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/w...os-2.6.3.2.exe

HTH
Vasudev Ram
Independent software consultant
"On a clear day you can see the blue screen of death"
- Me .
http://www.geocities.com/vasudevram

John Salerno

vasudevram wrote:

> Its a separate download.

Thanks guys, I completely forgot it was separate!