Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Change MAC Address on a Cisco 350 series PCMCIA card

Change MAC Address on a Cisco 350 series PCMCIA card

MethinX

How do I change a factory MAC address on a Cisco Aironet 350 series PC
Card adapter? The ACU help recommends not to change the factory-set
MAC address and the statistics windows in ACU shows my current MAC as
'factory'. All of this suggests that a "non-factory" setting for the
MAC is somehow possible (though not recommended by Cisco), but I don't
seem to be able to find a position where I can edit it in either the
ACU or the properties tab for the adapter in Windows device manager.

I use the latest ACU version. Should I be using some software other
than ACU/older version thereof? Unfortunetely, I don't have a machine
that runs Linux
and has a PC card slot (i.e. Linux laptop of some sort) so I'd much
prefer a solution that works on Windows this time around.

Thanks a lot,

MethinX