Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > OT: Search for python in Norway

OT: Search for python in Norway

cyberco

Although the climate wouldn't make you think so, but searching for
python is hot in Norway:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=pytho...o=all&date=all

I wonder what the explanation could be.

Btw: Java seems to be all the rage in India
http://www.google.com/trends?q=java&...o=all&date=all

ippisl@gmail.com

your search for python refers for python=snake.
you should look for "python programming".

cyberco wrote:
> Although the climate wouldn't make you think so, but searching for
> python is hot in Norway:
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=pytho...o=all&date=all
>
> I wonder what the explanation could be.
>
> Btw: Java seems to be all the rage in India
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=java&...o=all&date=all

Terry Reedy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> your search for python refers for python=snake.

It combines both, but spikes are definately snakey.

> you should look for "python programming".

I tried that, and Google missed the Nokia article it found with python
alone.
Also, South Africa and India are hottest countries with their
normalization.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=pytho...o=all&date=all

tjr

Stefan Behnel

cyberco wrote:
> Although the climate wouldn't make you think so, but searching for
> python is hot in Norway:
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=pytho...o=all&date=all
>
> I wonder what the explanation could be.
>
> Btw: Java seems to be all the rage in India
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=java&...o=all&date=all

So what? That just means those countries are still looking for them, while
those not in the list no longer bother asking Google.

Stefan

Did the cold war end in Norway (or has it ended) ? Knut Arvid Keilen Computer Support 0 09-21-2007 09:48 PM
Norway Publishes 911 TRUTH - spreading like jungle fire thermate2@india.com C Programming 0 03-14-2007 10:04 PM
Photos from Norway and Portugal AJ Digital Photography 2 06-15-2006 01:29 AM
UK to Norway Help gav425 UK VOIP 1 05-10-2005 05:33 PM
Opera's CEO will swim from Norway to the USA Unknown User Firefox 37 04-26-2005 10:09 AM

Advertisments