Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > how to clear up a List in python?

how to clear up a List in python?

Mirco Wahab

Thus spoke D H (on 2006-05-25 23:12):
> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>> if you don't know how to do things, you don't need to post.

> He already posted ...

Based on your Text, you can (in Perl, of course
extract the Goedel-Number sequence (prime number
sequence) of it:

use Acme::Goedelize;

my $goed = new Acme::Goedelize;
my $rant = do { local $/; (<DATA>) };
$rant = ~s/[.\n]//mg;
print join "\n", $goed->to_number($rant)=~/(\d{64})/g;

__DATA__
He already posted before your post that he made a mistake.
You obviously ignored that and invented some argument that he
posted with malicious intentions. That better describes most of
your thousands of annoying posts.

This prints a (64 char blocked) "Version"
of your text, which can be retranslated
to your text by 'degoedelization'.

How'd you do *that* in Python

Regards

Mirco

f'up c.l.python

Fredrik Lundh

vbgunz wrote:

>> if you don't know how to do things, you don't need to post.

> If this was the case who then would post any questions?

you didn't post a question, you provided a ludicrously bad solution in
response to a simple question.

that's not a good way to promote Python.

</F>

vbgunz

I will not try and stop helping others because you don't like my
answers. I found a perfectly good way how not to do something that
wasn't exactly wrong anyway. if you can take another persons honest
attempt to help someone and twist it into something it is not, I can
only suggest you look in the mirror and only if you're truly perfect
you continue your banter.

by the way, I am not here to promote Python. but if this is of your
concern, perhaps maybe you should rethink how you respond in kind
towards post you do not exactly agree with. Others are reading this and
it might not come off as promotional material. Also, if you're having a
bad day, take a rest and relax. You just might deserve it.

George Sakkis

vbgunz wrote:

> I will not try and stop helping others because you don't like my
> answers. I found a perfectly good way how not to do something that
> wasn't exactly wrong anyway. if you can take another persons honest
> attempt to help someone and twist it into something it is not, I can
> only suggest you look in the mirror and only if you're truly perfect
> you continue your banter.
>
> by the way, I am not here to promote Python. but if this is of your
> concern, perhaps maybe you should rethink how you respond in kind
> towards post you do not exactly agree with. Others are reading this and
> it might not come off as promotional material. Also, if you're having a
> bad day, take a rest and relax. You just might deserve it.

I guess Fredrik's message was more along the lines of ``don't try to
"help" others after a week or two toying with the language because you
might be offering disservice, despite your good intentions; leave this
to more experienced users``. The words might have been a bit harsher
but that's just his style; you'll get used to it if you hang around
here often.

George

vbgunz

> I guess Fredrik's message was more along the lines of ``don't try to
> "help" others after a week or two toying with the language because you
> might be offering disservice, despite your good intentions; leave this
> to more experienced users``. The words might have been a bit harsher
> but that's just his style; you'll get used to it if you hang around
> here often.

I much rather stand corrected than to silently remain ignorant. I take
revision of my solution for all it's worth but to be belittled without
correction is arrogant and unnecessary. I've been working with Python
for several months now and I feel I know plenty *but* I am still
learning.

I personally never had to clear a list. I never thought of Roberts
answer and my reasoning is in Roberts message. In the end I stood
correct because Robert was nice enough to answer two birds with one
stone. Fredrik on the other hand had nothing positive to add and his
message seemed gestapo.

Where I come from and how I grew up is quite simple. A wrong answer is
better than no answer and a worthless remark is worth garbage. Why?
Because no right answer is gospel and no answer no matter how dumb is
cause for discourtesy. I tried and thats the bottom line.

Fredrik Lundh

George Sakkis wrote:

> I guess Fredrik's message was more along the lines of ``don't try to
> "help" others after a week or two toying with the language because you
> might be offering disservice, despite your good intentions; leave this
> to more experienced users``.

no matter what Doug Holton and "vbgunz" thinks, if you ask a question on
comp.lang.python and use the answer you're getting, you shouldn't end up
on thedailywtf.com.

</F>

vbgunz

Fredrik_Lundh = 'wah'

I bet you enjoy stealing candy from babies and dunging on the little
guy every chance you get. You're suppose to be a role model in this
community? Your temper tantrum and unrelenting 'look at me look at me
i'm bigger and better' machismo attitude is nothing more than a decoyed
ploy set out by a deluded megalomaniac. You're promoting Python or the
fact that you're the son of Zeus and Hera? You're the worse sore losing
cry baby I've ever witnessed on the net in my ten years here...
pathetic for sure...

Georg Brandl

vbgunz wrote:
> Fredrik_Lundh = 'wah'
>
> I bet you enjoy stealing candy from babies and dunging on the little
> guy every chance you get. You're suppose to be a role model in this
> community? Your temper tantrum and unrelenting 'look at me look at me
> i'm bigger and better' machismo attitude is nothing more than a decoyed
> ploy set out by a deluded megalomaniac.

Personally speaking, Fredrik's just sitting here beneath me, and I can assure
you that he's not screaming "I'm bigger and better than you all" every
few minutes. He may be screaming "I made it faster!", but that's why we're
here

> You're promoting Python or the
> fact that you're the son of Zeus and Hera? You're the worse sore losing
> cry baby I've ever witnessed on the net in my ten years here...
> pathetic for sure...

You perhaps shouldn't become so excited. Next time, if you're not sure of
the correctness of your solution, try to wait a bit before posting it,
and see if someone other comes up with the same thing you would have posted.

Georg

Georg Brandl

vbgunz wrote:
> Fredrik_Lundh = 'wah'
>
> I bet you enjoy stealing candy from babies and dunging on the little
> guy every chance you get. You're suppose to be a role model in this
> community? Your temper tantrum and unrelenting 'look at me look at me
> i'm bigger and better' machismo attitude is nothing more than a decoyed
> ploy set out by a deluded megalomaniac.

Personally speaking, Fredrik's just sitting here next to me, and I can assure
you that he's not screaming "I'm bigger and better than you all" every
few minutes. He may be screaming "I made it faster!", but that's why we're
here

> You're promoting Python or the
> fact that you're the son of Zeus and Hera? You're the worse sore losing
> cry baby I've ever witnessed on the net in my ten years here...
> pathetic for sure...

You perhaps shouldn't become so excited. Next time, if you're not sure of
the correctness of your solution, try to wait a bit before posting it,
and see if someone other comes up with the same thing you would have posted.

Georg

vbgunz

> You perhaps shouldn't become so excited. Next time, if you're not sure of
> the correctness of your solution, try to wait a bit before posting it,
> and see if someone other comes up with the same thing you would have posted.

George, if Frederik's first reply was replaced with yours chances are
this little waste of time would have never had taken place. I am not an
animal and I am capable of understanding my mistakes but trying to
embarass me and belittle me in front of all of my peers here when all I
tried to do was help is absolutely pathetic the first time around.

I don't try to come off as a know it all here and I don't feel I should
post a gospel warning label on my help signature but Fredrik could have
delivered his message in a much better tone. I too am learning Python
and if maybe my answer was not evident enough of that then how smart is
Fredrik to persecute me for it?

I don't wish to question Fredriks knowledge or his position in the
whole scheme of Python but to disrespect me in the name of arrogance
and call it just is a mislabel. I don't wish to carry on with this, I
don't... I just have no love for a bully and Fredrik is proving himself
to be just that.

Good day George!