Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Access C++, Java APIs from Python..

Access C++, Java APIs from Python..

Manoj Kumar P

Hi,

I'm new to python.
I would like to know whether is it possible to access Java/C++ APIs from
python.
I have two applications written in Java and API, I wanted to call the APIs
of these applications from Python.
I'm developing web-based application using Zope.

Thanks in advance.
-Manoj-

"SASKEN RATED Among THE Top 3 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN INDIA - SURVEY 2005 conducted by the BUSINESS TODAY - Mercer - TNS India"

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email

Ravi Teja

> I'm new to python.
> I would like to know whether is it possible to access Java/C++ APIs from
> python.
> I have two applications written in Java and API, I wanted to call the APIs
> of these applications from Python.
> I'm developing web-based application using Zope.

CPython can access Java through JPype (http://jpype.sourceforge.net/).
C++ API can be wrapped/accessed with SWIG, SIP, Boost, Weave or PyCXX
(Google for each).

jordan.taylor2@gmail.com

check out the pywin32 extension by Mark Hammond