Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > OT: who has the best Anti-Virus software Mcafee, Trend Micro or symantec

OT: who has the best Anti-Virus software Mcafee, Trend Micro or symantec

Simon Watson

Hi Guys

My client had a virus on their network which took Trend Micro 2 weeks to
detect the virus and how to remove it. Thankfully the Virus wasn't
particulary damaging. We are not too happy with the amount of time Trend
took to come up with the solution, and we are looking at the possibities of
replacing them with another anti-virus solution to roll out on our PC's

I know this is an opinionated question but from experience I need to find
out what are your views of what is the best Anti-Virus product out on the
market right now.

Many Thanks

Simon.

none

Symantec/Norton and AVG Antivirus is what I've had the best experiences
with.

I tried Trend on my son's PC and will never use Trend again - the virus
definitions subscription lapsed and it took down his PC of the net until I
got in touch with their tech support - I finally just removed it as they
said to - they told me I'd have to reinstall a new version and that I
couldn't just renew my subscription after the subscription lapsed - I just
changed his PC over to AVG with no problems since.

I tried McAfee on my aunt's business PC which had a dual boot of Windows
2000 on it - beware that setup caused massive problems - McAfee also has a
weird virus definition update process which is unbearable on dialup.

"Simon Watson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Bb7bd.346$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys
>
> My client had a virus on their network which took Trend Micro 2 weeks to
> detect the virus and how to remove it. Thankfully the Virus wasn't
> particulary damaging. We are not too happy with the amount of time Trend
> took to come up with the solution, and we are looking at the possibities

of
> replacing them with another anti-virus solution to roll out on our PC's
>
> I know this is an opinionated question but from experience I need to find
> out what are your views of what is the best Anti-Virus product out on the
> market right now.
>

> Many Thanks
>
> Simon.

UnH0Ly

"Simon Watson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Bb7bd.346$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi Guys
>
> My client had a virus on their network which took Trend Micro 2 weeks
> to detect the virus and how to remove it. Thankfully the Virus wasn't
> particulary damaging. We are not too happy with the amount of time
> Trend took to come up with the solution, and we are looking at the
> possibities of replacing them with another anti-virus solution to roll
> out on our PC's
>
> I know this is an opinionated question but from experience I need to
> find out what are your views of what is the best Anti-Virus product
> out on the market right now.
>

> Many Thanks
>
> Simon.

I use Tren Micro's NeatSuite for our enterprise level Antivirus solution. I
must say that I have been very impressed and have been very happy with it.
I've been using for over 5 years and we were able to not only dodge
infection, but the one or two that would become infected (damn users and
their infected jump drives!) we were able to quickly detect the virus,
quarantine the PC, clean the virus and have it back safely on the network
with minimal disruption to the user and no damage to the rest of the
network.

Just my $.02