Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [silly] Does the python mascot have a name ?

[silly] Does the python mascot have a name ?

Steve

umm, was just wondering, does the python mascot have a name ? We are naming the
conference rooms in our office you see ).

Also, is there a place I could get some neat, good quality pics of the python ?

- steve

John D Salt

Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:e4c59e$tqg$(E-Mail Removed):

> umm, was just wondering, does the python mascot have a name ?

I always assumed it was Monty, but I confess to not having the slightest
factual basis for this belief.

All the best,

John.

Carl J. Van Arsdall

John D Salt wrote:
> Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:e4c59e$tqg$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> umm, was just wondering, does the python mascot have a name ?
>>

> I always assumed it was Monty, but I confess to not having the slightest
> factual basis for this belief.

To be honest, Monty really makes the most sense to me for a mascot
name... now if we can only get past all that damn copyright infringement

--

Carl J. Van Arsdall
Build and Release

skip@pobox.com

Carl> To be honest, Monty really makes the most sense to me for a mascot
Carl> name... now if we can only get past all that damn copyright
Carl> infringement

My dad's nickname was Monty. Some friends of my son, Chris, call him Monty
as well. I doubt either of them would object. (Dad's gone, Chris does a
little Python programming from time-to-time.) I say go for it...

Skip (Montanaro)

Steve

John D Salt wrote:
> Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:e4c59e$tqg$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> umm, was just wondering, does the python mascot have a name ?

> I always assumed it was Monty, but I confess to not having the slightest
> factual basis for this belief.

Well, so Monty it is ! ...btw, did you know, the Camel
(http://dev.perl.org/perl6/rfc/343.html) doesn't have a name either ? ...looks
like Duke (http://www.java.com/en/dukeszone/) is the only dude with a name
....but then duke is not an animal (wtf is it ?), so it had to be called something !

Regards
Steve

Carl J. Van Arsdall

Steve wrote:

> Well, so Monty it is ! ...btw, did you know, the Camel
> (http://dev.perl.org/perl6/rfc/343.html) doesn't have a name either ? ...looks
> like Duke (http://www.java.com/en/dukeszone/) is the only dude with a name
> ...but then duke is not an animal (wtf is it ?), so it had to be called something !

Well, we could call the perl camel Joe but I don't know if the perlcores
(read: hardcore PERL users) would be down for that

..c

--

Carl J. Van Arsdall
(E-Mail Removed)

Edward Elliott

Carl J. Van Arsdall wrote:

> Well, we could call the perl camel Joe but I don't know if the perlcores
> (read: hardcore PERL users) would be down for that

Hmmm. Perl is like smoking, it feels great and gives you cancer. Yes,
there's definitely potential here.

--
Edward Elliott
UC Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall)

Andy Sy

Steve wrote:
> umm, was just wondering, does the python mascot have a name ? We are naming the
> conference rooms in our office you see ).
>
> Also, is there a place I could get some neat, good quality pics of the python ?
>
> - steve

The Python mascot is called Odi.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pyt...er/185612.html

--
It's called DOM+XHR and it's *NOT* a detergent!

John D Salt

Andy Sy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pyt...er/185612.html

"Odi" must be the Dutch for "Monty".

All the best,

John.

John Bokma

John D Salt <jdsalt_AT_gotadsl.co.uk> wrote:

> Andy Sy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pyt...er/185612.html

> "Odi" must be the Dutch for "Monty".

Nope. If it was Dutch it would probably be Odie

--
John MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
personal page: http://johnbokma.com/