Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Drop Down Menus...

Drop Down Menus...

bruce

Hi...

Never used python, but I have a question regarding Drop Down Menus. Does
Python allow me to create a website, that will permit the user to create
Drop Down menus that can be initiated with the right mouse click? If it can,
is it fairly easy to implement?

Thanks

-Bruce

alisonken1

Hello Bruce -

bruce wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Never used python, but I have a question regarding Drop Down Menus. Does
> Python allow me to create a website, that will permit the user to create
> Drop Down menus that can be initiated with the right mouse click? If it can,
> is it fairly easy to implement?

If you are talking about client-side menu's, you should be looking at
Java or Java-Script.

Python is good at server-side scripting, but there is no >widely
installed< python interpreter on peoples browsers that would work,
whereas java and javascript are pretty much the standard in client-side
scripting in web browsers.

bruno at modulix

bruce wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Never used python, but I have a question regarding Drop Down Menus. Does
> Python allow me to create a website,

Yes.

> that will permit the user to create
> Drop Down menus that can be initiated with the right mouse click?

Not sure to understand what you mean, but this is nothing
Python-specific - web-programming is web-programming, whatever the
server-side techno/language.

--
bruno desthuilliers
p in '(E-Mail Removed)'.split('@')])"

Colin Gillespie

bruce wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Never used python, but I have a question regarding Drop Down Menus. Does
> Python allow me to create a website, that will permit the user to create
> Drop Down menus that can be initiated with the right mouse click? If it can,
> is it fairly easy to implement?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Bruce

No you wouldn't use python for this. Look at javascript & CSS.

e.g. http://www.youngpup.net/2004/transmenus/examples
and http://www.robocup2004.pt/

Colin