Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ANN: Leo 4.4 rc1 released

ANN: Leo 4.4 rc1 released

Edward K. Ream

Leo 4.4 release candidate 1 is now available at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=29106

This version fixes a few minor bug reported in 4.4b4 and adds 9 new
commands. The open-outline-by-name command supports filename completion.

Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more. See:
http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html

The highlights of Leo 4.4:
--------------------------
- An Emacs-like mini-buffer: you can now execute any command by typing its
long name, with tab completion.

- Many new commands, including cursor and screen movement, basic character,
word and paragraph manipulation, and commands to manipulate buffers, the
kill ring, regions and rectangles. You can use Leo without using a mouse.

- Flexible key bindings and input modes. You can emulate the operation of
Emacs, Vim, or any other editor.

- A tabbed log pane. The Find and Spell Check commands now use tabs instead
of dialogs, making those commands much easier to use. Plugins or scripts can
easily create new tabs. The Completion tab shows possible typing
completions.

- Autocompletion and calltips.

- Dozens of other new features and bug fixes since Leo 4.3.3.

Links:
------
Home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/
Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=3458
CVS: http://leo.tigris.org/source/browse/leo/
Quotes: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/testimonials.html

Edward
Edward K. Ream email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Fulvio

Alle 22:58, venerd́ 28 aprile 2006, Edward K. Ream ha scritto:
> Many new commands, including

Small question.....
Has it way of using macro or programmable input?
I mean this because for linux there arent many text editors with macro
(recording/playing back) nor any with script commands.

Thank you.
If Leo lack of this, would be appreciated to give some idea to get involved on
making it running python code.

Fredrik Lundh

Fulvio wrote:

> I mean this because for linux there arent many text editors with macro
> (recording/playing back) nor any with script commands.

umm. what about the big ones: emacs & vim ? they both have extensive
support for macros and scripting, and can both be scripted in Python. and
if you're running linux, they're not very far away...

</F>

Fulvio

Alle 19:15, sabato 29 aprile 2006, Fredrik Lundh ha scritto:
> emacs

I didn't like Emacs since the glory day of Amiga. Also vim look pretty rough
for my tastes.
I fill more confortable in Kate, but I don't deny any furter trial. May I'm
gonna reconsidering Emacs