Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > searching for an article on name-binding

searching for an article on name-binding

Gerard Flanagan

Hello

I'm trying to find a webpage I remember reading which contained a
layman's description of how Python binds names to objects. It used some
ASCII-art illustrations where an arrow represented a 'binding'. Anyone
got a link for that? (Google's not my friend!)

Thanks

Gerard

Fredrik Lundh

Gerard Flanagan wrote:

> I'm trying to find a webpage I remember reading which contained a
> layman's description of how Python binds names to objects. It used some
> ASCII-art illustrations where an arrow represented a 'binding'. Anyone
> got a link for that? (Google's not my friend!)

http://www.python.net/crew/mwh/hacks/objectthink.html

</F>

Gerard Flanagan

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Gerard Flanagan wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to find a webpage I remember reading which contained a
> > layman's description of how Python binds names to objects. It used some
> > ASCII-art illustrations where an arrow represented a 'binding'. Anyone
> > got a link for that? (Google's not my friend!)

> http://www.python.net/crew/mwh/hacks/objectthink.html
>
> </F>

That's it! Thanks.

Gerard