Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Drawing charts and graphs.

Drawing charts and graphs.

Jonathan Daugherty

Hello,

I'm looking at a number of chart-drawing libraries and modules for
Python and I'd like to know which one people tend to consider the
best.

I've tried gdchart2 but its interface seems somewhat limited, and
pychart looks nice. I'd like to find something that will let me draw
graphs similar to those created by RRDtool.

Thanks!

--
Jonathan Daugherty
http://www.parsed.org

tooper

I'm quite satisfied with MatPlotLib for scientific plotting. ReportLab
has also a very good package for high quality PDF production incl.
graphics.
For more interactive, Grace plotter has a good Graceplot.py python
front-end.