Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VLAN Config on a CAT 2950

VLAN Config on a CAT 2950

Tobias

Hello together,

I have 20 Cat Switches.
on 2 of them I need a vlan 2,
but I don't created a domain yet.

My question:
Is it posible to config this 2 switsches to vtp transparent an creat "vlan
2" manual on each switch.
I don't know is this working or must I have a domain to use a vlan over more
than one switch

so long, tobi

Ivan Ostreš

In article <ck36hs$cu1$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hello together,
>
> I have 20 Cat Switches.
> on 2 of them I need a vlan 2,
> but I don't created a domain yet.
>
> My question:
> Is it posible to config this 2 switsches to vtp transparent an creat "vlan
> 2" manual on each switch.
> I don't know is this working or must I have a domain to use a vlan over more
> than one switch
>
> so long, tobi

You can create vlan's using transparent mode. I think there should be a
VTP domain created first, but default value should do ok. So, the only
thing you need to do is to allow vlan's on trunk.

--
-Ivan.

Tobias

> You can create vlan's using transparent mode. I think there should be a
> VTP domain created first, but default value should do ok. So, the only
> thing you need to do is to allow vlan's on trunk.

Thanks for your message,

but I don't know

if I have 2 switches.
I create on each switch a VLAN2
VTP transparent
my gigabit port (for switch connection) ist in trunk mode

is vlan2 on switch1 the same like vlan2 on switch2
or can't a communication work like this

so long..

hari

Hi

this URL could help you for the best

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...scg/kivlan.htm

hari

"Tobias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<ck36hs$cu1$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>...
> Hello together,
>
> I have 20 Cat Switches.
> on 2 of them I need a vlan 2,
> but I don't created a domain yet.
>
> My question:
> Is it posible to config this 2 switsches to vtp transparent an creat "vlan
> 2" manual on each switch.
> I don't know is this working or must I have a domain to use a vlan over more
> than one switch
>
> so long, tobi

Ivan Ostreš

In article <ck3han$it6$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...

> > You can create vlan's using transparent mode. I think there should be a
> > VTP domain created first, but default value should do ok. So, the only
> > thing you need to do is to allow vlan's on trunk.
> >

> Thanks for your message,
>
> but I don't know
>
> if I have 2 switches.
> I create on each switch a VLAN2
> VTP transparent
> my gigabit port (for switch connection) ist in trunk mode
>

> is vlan2 on switch1 the same like vlan2 on switch2
> or can't a communication work like this
>
> so long..

Yes, it is the "same" vlan since both have VLAN tag's 2 which are added
to packets.

--
-Ivan.

Cisco 2950 Switch VLAN Config RG Cisco 6 06-17-2010 05:38 PM
Cat 5 vs Cat 6 =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?= Wireless Networking 1 04-21-2006 04:18 AM
Cat 6500 to Cat 6500 and VLANs Gary Cisco 2 12-02-2005 06:57 AM
CISCO 2950 vlan config problem aruts@excite.com Cisco 4 08-19-2005 07:58 PM

Advertisments