Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > I have problems with creating the classic game Wumpus. the file: http://esnips.com/webfolder/b71bfe95-d363-4dd3-bfad-39999a9e36d0

I have problems with creating the classic game Wumpus. the file: http://esnips.com/webfolder/b71bfe95-d363-4dd3-bfad-39999a9e36d0

conny.ledin@gmail.com

Im trying to create a version of the game Wumpus. Mine is called
Belzebub. But im STUCK! And its due tuesday 2 maj. Im panicing! Can
some one help me??
here is the file:
http://esnips.com/webfolder/b71bfe95...d-39999a9e36d0

What i have the biggest problems with now is between line 8 and 23. How
i can move the character trough the game. Other parts of the game that
have with the movement to do is between line 83-114 and 123-143.

This is part of the spec:
"The player walks around in the hallways, finds and tries to kill
Wumpus (Belzebub). The game finishes when the player or Belzebub dies.
The player has bombs which he can shoot. When he shoots he can
controll th ebombs for three moves, north, south, east or west three
times. If he is not careful he can shoot himself, ex first move: north.
second move south.
Let every room be represented by the object room. In the object,
information of what exists in the room is stored. (Belzebub,
teleporters, fire traps, acid traps or nothing). and where the halways
leads. (north hallway leads to room 17, the east to room 2 etc.).
Create a list of room objects to represent the hallways (every room
have has a number).
The content of the rooms shall be randomized in the beginning of
the program. Aproximatly 20% of the rooms should contain traps, 30%
should contain teleporters and in one of the rooms is Belzebub. One
room can not contain more than one danger, no traps and teleporters
together etc.
Teleporters transports the player from one room to another random
room. If the player encounters a trap o Belzebub he is killed and GAME
OVER.
The halways should also be randomized in the beginning of the
program. Like this:

* Create a list with all the room numbers and shuffle it so all of the
rooms is in a mixed order. ex. [5 2 12 18 9 1 3 6 14 19 11 7 17 4 20 16
10 15 8 13]

* Connect the rooms in east-west direction so that the east hallway
from room 5 leads to room 2 and the west hallway from room to leads
back to room 5 etc. The last room in the lest should be connected with
the first.

* Shuffle a new list and do the same thing in north-south direction.

once again the file:
http://esnips.com/webfolder/b71bfe95...d-39999a9e36d0

mensanator@aol.com

> Im trying to create a version of the game Wumpus. Mine is called
> Belzebub. But im STUCK! And its due tuesday 2 maj. Im panicing! Can
> some one help me??
> here is the file:
> http://esnips.com/webfolder/b71bfe95...d-39999a9e36d0
>
> What i have the biggest problems with now is between line 8 and 23. How
> i can move the character trough the game. Other parts of the game that
> have with the movement to do is between line 83-114 and 123-143.
>
> This is part of the spec:
> "The player walks around in the hallways, finds and tries to kill
> Wumpus (Belzebub). The game finishes when the player or Belzebub dies.
> The player has bombs which he can shoot. When he shoots he can
> controll th ebombs for three moves, north, south, east or west three
> times. If he is not careful he can shoot himself, ex first move: north.
> second move south.
> Let every room be represented by the object room. In the object,
> information of what exists in the room is stored. (Belzebub,
> teleporters, fire traps, acid traps or nothing). and where the halways
> leads. (north hallway leads to room 17, the east to room 2 etc.).
> Create a list of room objects to represent the hallways (every room
> have has a number).
> The content of the rooms shall be randomized in the beginning of
> the program. Aproximatly 20% of the rooms should contain traps, 30%
> should contain teleporters and in one of the rooms is Belzebub. One
> room can not contain more than one danger, no traps and teleporters
> together etc.
> Teleporters transports the player from one room to another random
> room. If the player encounters a trap o Belzebub he is killed and GAME
> OVER.
> The halways should also be randomized in the beginning of the
> program. Like this:
>
> * Create a list with all the room numbers and shuffle it so all of the
> rooms is in a mixed order. ex. [5 2 12 18 9 1 3 6 14 19 11 7 17 4 20 16
> 10 15 8 13]
>
> * Connect the rooms in east-west direction so that the east hallway
> from room 5 leads to room 2 and the west hallway from room to leads
> back to room 5 etc. The last room in the lest should be connected with
> the first.
>
> * Shuffle a new list and do the same thing in north-south direction.
>
> once again the file:
> http://esnips.com/webfolder/b71bfe95...d-39999a9e36d0

Uh...that's not a file.

conny.ledin@gmail.com

the file is on that side. But apparently you have to register to
download it.. =( But i can send it to anone who is willing to look
trough it. just send me an email (E-Mail Removed)