Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Address Resolution Problem

Address Resolution Problem

Ken Vizena

Hi,

I am wanting some perr review into some possible solutions to a
problem that has crept up this morning.

We are in the process of rolling out a new site in another country. We
have run into a snag since we use a SIP LD Provider for all of our LD
enterprise wide. The problem is their gateway is 172.16.1.38 /24 and
our remote location passes through a contracted resource who uses the
172.16.1.0 /24 as their core netblock. So on the remote end the
address is local and will not be routed, but my question is what are
my solutions.

1) Ask my LD Provider to give me another address (unlikely, but I have
asked)
2) Setup double NAT between sites to alleviate the need to pass the
netblock in question to our contracted resources core router for
routing information.
3) Setup a tunnel between locations accross the shared medium and
bypass any routing problems

Any insight or information is greatly appreciated.

Ken Vizena

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Ken Vizena <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:The problem is their gateway is 172.16.1.38 /24 and
ur remote location passes through a contracted resource who uses the
:172.16.1.0 /24 as their core netblock.

:3) Setup a tunnel between locations accross the shared medium and
:bypass any routing problems

That would be my recommendation.
--
If a troll and a half can hook a reader and a half in a posting and a half,
how many readers can six trolls hook in six postings?