Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Firewall supporting MIDCOM or any API for management

Firewall supporting MIDCOM or any API for management

Josip Gracin

Hi!

Does any of the Cisco firewall devices support MIDCOM protocol (RFC3304)?

Also, does Cisco provide an API for controlling the functioning of firewalls
programmatically? I have a need for an application which would open and
close addresses/ports on firewall in real time. This is what MIDCOM
effectively specifies. However, I doubt that Cisco supports MIDCOM so I was
wondering if there is any way to do this with Cisco firewalls.

Thanks in advance!