Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ISDN dialout to PSTN VIC2-2BRI

Reply
Thread Tools

ISDN dialout to PSTN VIC2-2BRI

 
 
Jan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2004
I'm trying to call from my PBX connected to FastEthernet0/0 to normal ISDN
PSTN phone numbers. Call's can't get trough. In debug i can see the numbers
is being dialed but no calls are made and after some time i get "All
channels
busy" "sh isdn hi" shows no activity at all.

the VIC2-2BRI should be my gateway to the PSTN. The PBX is on the LAN.

config:
version 12.3
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn voice-call-failure 0
isdn alert-end-to-end
voice-card 1
!
voice service voip
signaling forward unconditional
sip
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
speed auto
half-duplex
no cdp enable
!
interface BRI1/0
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn twait-disable
isdn tei-negotiation first-call
isdn incoming-voice voice
!
interface BRI1/1
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn twait-disable
isdn tei-negotiation first-call
isdn incoming-voice voice
!
interface Async1
no ip address
!
interface Async2
no ip address
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
!
no ip http server
!
logging history debugging
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
no cdp run
!
!
control-plane
!
voice-port 1/0/0
input gain 10
output attenuation 10
no comfort-noise
cptone NL
!
voice-port 1/0/1
!
dial-peer voice 100 pots
application session
destination-pattern 0
port 1/0/0
forward-digits all
!
sip-ua
retry invite 3
retry response 3
retry bye 3
retry cancel 3
sip-server ipv4xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
!


debug:
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 EVENTd: isdn_get_guid: Got Guid BR1/0
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 EVENT: process_bri_call: call id 0x8023,
called_number 0xxxxxxxx, Guid BR1/0speed 0, call type VOICE, calling_number
asteriskReceived pdata len 0x3B data:1C 39 9E 1 0 3 67 74 64 0 0 0 2E 49 41
4D 2C D A 47 43 49 2C 36 36 62 36 34 65 31 63 31 36 33 62 31 31 64 39 38 30
36 35 62 65 66 63 64 65 35 30 31 33 61 34 D A D A
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 EVENTd: process_bri_call: No name in GTD
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 EVENTd: process_bri_call: Name Modified by
Calldecode
Name Type 0x0, cs 0x0, ie_val 0x28, pi 0x0, avail 0x0
fachd len 0x0 data:
inpdu len 0x0 data:
name len 0x7 data:6A 62 61 67 67 65 6E
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 EVENTd: pak_private_number: Calling Number IE is
being stripped
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 Q931d: Default type/plan 0x0 0x0 sw-type 1
Called number 0xxxxxxxx isdn_map 0 mask 0xB042
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 Q931d: Called plan/type unspecified in
call_decode, so ignored.
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 Q931d: No call_decode, isdn default set
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x1 is 0x0
0x0, Called num 0xxxxxxxx
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 CC: CCBRI_Go: source id 0x500, state 0, call id
0x0, event 0x1
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 CCd: CCBRI_Go: Host PkgInfo:
Oct 5 19:27:16: 01080180230E700C0000303632323437
Oct 5 19:27:16: 3534333904038090A218018328076A62
Oct 5 19:27:16: 616767656E
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 CC: CCBRI_Go: call id 0x8023 callref 0x0 state 1
event 0x1 Src->HOST
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 **ERROR**: CC_CHAN_GetIdleChanbri: All channels
busy
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN EVENTd: cc_clear_free_list freed 0x83F90C58
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 EVENT: process_rxstate: ces/callid 1/0x8023
calltype 2 HOST_DISCONNECT_ACK
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 PACKET: process_rxstate:
Oct 5 19:27:16: 060801802303080122
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 EVENTd: process_rxstate: cause=0x22 (34),
cause_present=1
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN BR1/0 EVENTd: calltrkr_call_cleared:
isdn_info=0x838D97D4, call_id=0x8023
Oct 5 19:27:16: ISDN CDAPI: cdapi_find_tsm found a GTD message RLC,
PRN,isdn*,,,

:
end of gtd length is 22




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-06-2004
Calls are still active on my BRI interface. But no phone ever rings.

SIP01#sh isdn status
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
ISDN BRI1/0 interface
dsl 8, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
Layer 1 Status:
DEACTIVATED
Layer 2 Status:
Layer 2 NOT Activated
Layer 3 Status:
0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
CCB:callid=801F, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=1, calltype=VOICE
CCB:callid=8020, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=2, calltype=VOICE
Active dsl 8 CCBs = 2
The Free Channel Mask: 0x80000000


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Velvet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-06-2004
Jan wrote:
> Calls are still active on my BRI interface. But no phone ever rings.
>
> SIP01#sh isdn status
> Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
> ISDN BRI1/0 interface
> dsl 8, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
> Layer 1 Status:
> DEACTIVATED
> Layer 2 Status:
> Layer 2 NOT Activated
> Layer 3 Status:
> 0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
> CCB:callid=801F, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=1, calltype=VOICE
> CCB:callid=8020, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=2, calltype=VOICE
> Active dsl 8 CCBs = 2
> The Free Channel Mask: 0x80000000
>
>


Um, that's your problem. It's not connected to a working ISDN circuit.
Unless I've misunderstood what you're doing...

Layer 1 and two should not be deactivated like that. Your router can't
see the ISDN switch (at the local exchange) etc.

--


Velvet
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-06-2004

> Um, that's your problem. It's not connected to a working ISDN circuit.
> Unless I've misunderstood what you're doing...
>
> Layer 1 and two should not be deactivated like that. Your router can't see
> the ISDN switch (at the local exchange) etc.


If I call to a number connected to the router layer1 is active, so the ISDN
is ok.
But outgoing calls sort of "hang"

SIP01#sh isdn status
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
ISDN BRI1/0 interface
dsl 8, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
Layer 1 Status:
ACTIVE
Layer 2 Status:
Layer 2 NOT Activated
Layer 3 Status:
0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
CCB:callid=801F, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=0, calltype=VOICE (BR1/0) SPC
Call
CCB:callid=8020, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=2, calltype=VOICE
CCB:callid=15, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=1, calltype=VOICE
Active dsl 8 CCBs = 3
The Free Channel Mask: 0x80000000


 
Reply With Quote
 
Velvet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-06-2004
Jan wrote:
>>Um, that's your problem. It's not connected to a working ISDN circuit.
>> Unless I've misunderstood what you're doing...
>>
>>Layer 1 and two should not be deactivated like that. Your router can't see
>>the ISDN switch (at the local exchange) etc.

>
>
> If I call to a number connected to the router layer1 is active, so the ISDN
> is ok.
> But outgoing calls sort of "hang"
>
> SIP01#sh isdn status
> Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
> ISDN BRI1/0 interface
> dsl 8, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3
> Layer 1 Status:
> ACTIVE
> Layer 2 Status:
> Layer 2 NOT Activated
> Layer 3 Status:
> 0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
> CCB:callid=801F, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=0, calltype=VOICE (BR1/0) SPC
> Call
> CCB:callid=8020, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=2, calltype=VOICE
> CCB:callid=15, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=1, calltype=VOICE
> Active dsl 8 CCBs = 3
> The Free Channel Mask: 0x80000000
>
>


So, your BRI interface on the router is connected directly into the ISDN
offering from your telco - or do I misunderstand the topology?

I have assumed that you are using the router to interface between the
PBX over a lan (running VoIP between PBX and router) - and that a call
placed to the outside world from an extension on the PBX is routed over
the network to the router, which then picks up one of the BRI channels,
and pushes it out to the local Telco?

--


Velvet
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-06-2004

> I have assumed that you are using the router to interface between the
> PBX over a lan (running VoIP between PBX and router) - and that a call
> placed to the outside world from an extension on the PBX is routed over
> the network to the router, which then picks up one of the BRI channels,
> and pushes it out to the local Telco?


Yes, correct.

Dialing in is fine, except that cisco sends Mime SIP messages wich my PBX
doesn't understand.

Expires: 180
Allow-Events: telephone-event
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;boundary=uniqueBoundary
Content-Length: 562


 
Reply With Quote
 
Velvet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-06-2004
Jan wrote:
>>I have assumed that you are using the router to interface between the
>>PBX over a lan (running VoIP between PBX and router) - and that a call
>>placed to the outside world from an extension on the PBX is routed over
>>the network to the router, which then picks up one of the BRI channels,
>>and pushes it out to the local Telco?

>
>
> Yes, correct.
>
> Dialing in is fine, except that cisco sends Mime SIP messages wich my PBX
> doesn't understand.
>
> Expires: 180
> Allow-Events: telephone-event
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: multipart/mixed;boundary=uniqueBoundary
> Content-Length: 562
>
>


I'm not sure I can be of any help then, unfortunately. All my
experience to date has told me that if layer 1 and 2 are deactive, the
isdn BRI port cannot see the ISDN Switch at the exchange, and it just
won't work. This may be a regional difference though, as I am in the UK
and I know ISDN here is different to the US, for example.

Best of luck, I'd be interested to know what it turns out to be!

--


Velvet
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivan Ostreš
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-07-2004
In article <90Y8d.3919$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)in says...
> Jan wrote:
> >>I have assumed that you are using the router to interface between the
> >>PBX over a lan (running VoIP between PBX and router) - and that a call
> >>placed to the outside world from an extension on the PBX is routed over
> >>the network to the router, which then picks up one of the BRI channels,
> >>and pushes it out to the local Telco?

> >
> >
> > Yes, correct.
> >
> > Dialing in is fine, except that cisco sends Mime SIP messages wich my PBX
> > doesn't understand.
> >
> > Expires: 180
> > Allow-Events: telephone-event
> > MIME-Version: 1.0
> > Content-Type: multipart/mixed;boundary=uniqueBoundary
> > Content-Length: 562
> >
> >

>
> I'm not sure I can be of any help then, unfortunately. All my
> experience to date has told me that if layer 1 and 2 are deactive, the
> isdn BRI port cannot see the ISDN Switch at the exchange, and it just
> won't work. This may be a regional difference though, as I am in the UK
> and I know ISDN here is different to the US, for example.
>
> Best of luck, I'd be interested to know what it turns out to be!
>
>


Actually I've noticed something that looked really strange to me
yesterday. I've plugged 2 routers with BRI in the sam NT. Both of them
were "DEACTIVATED" but I was able to connect from one router to other
(using just one B chan - of course) or from both routers to some other
routers. Sometimes "DEACTIVATED" really means deactivated, and sometimes
not.... if someone can explain that it would be nice.


--
-Ivan.

*** Use Rot13 to see my eMail address ***
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISDN Wont Accept and Transfer PSTN Calls To CCM "bad bearercap" (AS5350-CCM) anonyme VOIP 4 05-09-2008 04:55 PM
pc with isdn modem not connecte isdn 1841 router with isdn module sync Cisco 0 06-05-2007 10:10 AM
SIP and H323 dialout simultaniously Stylz Cisco 3 02-21-2004 12:06 PM
AS5300 and Dialout/EZ Qc Cisco 0 12-11-2003 12:16 AM
Dialout via RS-232 cable attached to analog modem? Sutto Cisco 3 10-20-2003 04:14 PM



Advertisments