Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco PIX Failover Question

Cisco PIX Failover Question

TommyJ

Hi All,

I have 2 Cisco PIX 515E with failover configuration. The firewalls
have INSIDE, OUTSIDE and the serial connection for failover.

When the Primary firewall is active, I can ping the failover IP for
the INSIDE firewall and also that is the interface used for the
failover link. When i turn the primary firewall off, the secondary
takes active status BUT the failover IP has not moved over to the
secondary box. The 2 interfaces are in NORMAL (WAITING MODE).

Any Ideas.

Thanks.

Tom.

Paul Kendall

You have used the failover "ip address command" ?

"TommyJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi All,
>
> I have 2 Cisco PIX 515E with failover configuration. The firewalls
> have INSIDE, OUTSIDE and the serial connection for failover.
>
> When the Primary firewall is active, I can ping the failover IP for
> the INSIDE firewall and also that is the interface used for the
> failover link. When i turn the primary firewall off, the secondary
> takes active status BUT the failover IP has not moved over to the
> secondary box. The 2 interfaces are in NORMAL (WAITING MODE).
>
> Any Ideas.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom.

Paul Kendall

Reading on you need at least 3 interfaces for the failover to initiate.
Looks like I am stating the obvious I have the manual in front of me.
will try to help