Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN with Linksys & Cisco 2621

VPN with Linksys & Cisco 2621

Tim Schultz

I'm trying to set up a LAN to LAN IPSec tunnel to a Cisco 2621 router (IOS
12.3 (10) ). I'm initiating the tunnel from a Linkys BEFVP41 cable/dsl vpn
router with a dynamic IP address. I'd like to set up pre-shared keys for
phase 1 (isakmp/IKE) and have multiple dynamic endpoints (Linksys befvp41's)
using different pre-shared keys. Anybody have any success with a setup such
as this or similar to this with another non-Cisco brand of vpn cable/dsl
router?

I've tried going to a RADIUS server to store the keys, but aggressive mode
seems to be tripping me up. The Linksys seems to be unable to have a
user-fqdn or hostname defined. I've put this into the Linksys in the
"username:" and seemed to have worked but aggressive mode is still returning
"payload malformed" errors. Keys are correct.

The "isakmp profiles" using keyrings don't seem to work either.

Any helpful hints would be much appreciated...

tedm@toybox.placo.com

Tim Schultz wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a LAN to LAN IPSec tunnel to a Cisco 2621 router

(IOS
> 12.3 (10) ). I'm initiating the tunnel from a Linkys BEFVP41

cable/dsl vpn
> router with a dynamic IP address. I'd like to set up pre-shared keys

for
> phase 1 (isakmp/IKE) and have multiple dynamic endpoints (Linksys

befvp41's)
> using different pre-shared keys. Anybody have any success with a

setup such
> as this or similar to this with another non-Cisco brand of vpn

cable/dsl
> router?
>
> I've tried going to a RADIUS server to store the keys, but aggressive

mode
> seems to be tripping me up. The Linksys seems to be unable to have a
> user-fqdn or hostname defined. I've put this into the Linksys in the
> "username:" and seemed to have worked but aggressive mode is still

returning
> "payload malformed" errors. Keys are correct.
>
> The "isakmp profiles" using keyrings don't seem to work either.
>
> Any helpful hints would be much appreciated...

Yes, I posted a config to this Aug 15 2003 search for "Linksys to Cisco
PIX VPN Setup" also search for another post I made Jul 21 2004.

Ted