Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > how you know you're a programming nerd

Reply
Thread Tools

how you know you're a programming nerd

 
 
John Salerno
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2006
So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
forth about it.

Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
other language!"

It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.

And as a sidenote, I don't know Java at all, so I have no idea how it
found its way into my brain. Of course, it wasn't real Java syntax I was
seeing, I'm sure...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bruno at modulix
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2006
John Salerno wrote:
> So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
> simple task done in Java.


Then s/dream/nightmare/

--
bruno desthuilliers
python -c "print '@'.join(['.'.join([w[::-1] for w in p.split('.')]) for
p in '(E-Mail Removed)'.split('@')])"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
mensanator@aol.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2006

John Salerno wrote:
> So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
> simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
> and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
> then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
> forth about it.
>
> Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
> other language!"
>
> It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
> others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
> it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.


I think Freud might have had something to say about that.

>
> And as a sidenote, I don't know Java at all, so I have no idea how it
> found its way into my brain. Of course, it wasn't real Java syntax I was
> seeing, I'm sure...


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Salerno
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2006
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>> So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
>> simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
>> and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
>> then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
>> forth about it.
>>
>> Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
>> other language!"
>>
>> It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
>> others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
>> it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.

>
> I think Freud might have had something to say about that.


I don't even want to know how he would have translated python.
 
Reply With Quote
 
jUrner@arcor.de
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2006
Keep on coding. It'll just go away..

 
Reply With Quote
 
Levi Campbell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2006
John Salerno wrote:
> So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
> simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
> and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
> then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
> forth about it.
>
> Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
> other language!"
>
> It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
> others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
> it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.
>
> And as a sidenote, I don't know Java at all, so I have no idea how it
> found its way into my brain. Of course, it wasn't real Java syntax I was
> seeing, I'm sure...


You know you're addicted to a programming language when you have dreams
about it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Salerno
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2006
Levi Campbell wrote:

> You know you're addicted to a programming language when you have dreams
> about it.


Me? Addicted? No!

Now back to the Python Challenge......
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Adam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2006

When you are working on your programming project on Friday night instead
of going out.




When you do go out, you look forward to getting home so you can work on
your programming project some more.




 
Reply With Quote
 
John Salerno
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2006
Ron Adam wrote:
> When you are working on your programming project on Friday night instead
> of going out.


Ok, you win.

Oh wait, it's Friday night and I'm typing this message...dang it!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Adam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2006
John Salerno wrote:
> Ron Adam wrote:
>> When you are working on your programming project on Friday night
>> instead of going out.

>
> Ok, you win.
>
> Oh wait, it's Friday night and I'm typing this message...dang it!



Yep, Hah Hah... No wait, I'm here too.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
OT: Ping Nerd Keyboard Cowboy MCSE 4 02-01-2005 02:09 PM
OT: Nerd designed a Keyboard... =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= MCSE 12 01-07-2005 07:55 PM
[OT] Office/Computer/Nerd/Geek gifts and clothing Rogue Chameleon Java 0 10-22-2004 07:00 PM
I want to be a hacker/nerd b4 I die. Ghost issues (now and after I die) O.Phooey Computer Support 4 07-05-2003 08:35 PM



Advertisments