Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > AP and regulatory domain

AP and regulatory domain

Tosh

Just for the sake of curiosity ....
Cisco, for his 1100 and 1200 series ap sells a number of radio modules, one
for each combination of radio tecnology (a/b/g) and regulatory domain (A, E,
I, J..).
Now, I've got in my hand an Israel 802.11b module and I found it identical
to the etsi modules I manage every day.
Further, there is an old cisco bulletin that says the ap1200 etsi or japan
configured reverts back to us/fcc regulatory domain after a certain firmware
upgrade, read by yourself:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...8010c9f6.shtml
The question is, what then makes the regulatory domain compliance in an ap,
the radio module, a hidden configuration command, or both?
Bye,
Tosh.