Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > MOO meets Python

MOO meets Python

Aahz

http://playsh.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/playsh

"Look, it's your affair if you want to play with five people, but don't
go calling it doubles." --John Cleese anticipates Usenet

Istvan Albert

Quote from the webpage: "It's a buggy bundle of Python code that, by
default, opens interfaces to your computer and makes it insecure."

... just what I was looking for ...

Jonathan Ellis

Aahz wrote:
> http://playsh.org/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/playsh

Damn, I thought you meant MOO as in Master of Orion.

-Jonathan

Peter Hansen

Istvan Albert wrote:
> Quote from the webpage: "It's a buggy bundle of Python code that, by
> default, opens interfaces to your computer and makes it insecure."

So it's a way of using Python to emulate the Windows operating system,
for people stuck using Linux?

> ... just what I was looking for ...

-Peter

Robert Kern

http://www.ospace.net

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Alex Martelli

Jonathan Ellis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Aahz wrote:
> > http://playsh.org/
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/playsh

> Damn, I thought you meant MOO as in Master of Orion.

Naah, "Stars!", now *that* was a worthy game!

Alex

alex23

There's also the unfortunately named POO:
http://www.strout.net/python/poo/index.html (Although that page claims
it hasn't been updated since '98...)

Python has already reminded me of MOO-coding in some key ways: the
object model, the core libraries, the minimalism of the language.

- alex23