Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python tutorial: popular/informative Python sites ?

python tutorial: popular/informative Python sites ?

Fredrik Lundh

the "what now?" page in the tutorial

http://www.python.org/doc/tut/node14.html

lists a couple of relevant web sites for Python users, including:

http://www.python.org
http://starship.python.net
http://www.python.org/pypi

the starship link has been there since 1998 or so (Python 1.5), but
I don't think the starship is very active these days. but if we were
to replace it with something else, what should that be? what sites
do pythoneers and pythonistas visit these days?

post your suggestions in this thread or on this page:

http://pytut.infogami.com/node14.html

thanks /F

gene tani

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> the "what now?" page in the tutorial
>
> to replace it with something else, what should that be? what sites
> do pythoneers and pythonistas visit these days?
>
> post your suggestions in this thread or on this page:

Pilgrims tricks/ips
http://diveintopython.org/appendix/tips.html

online cookbook
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python

soem quick refs
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/e...Ref/index.html
http://rgruet.free.fr/PQR24/PQR2.4.html

tutorials
http://www.awaretek.com/tutorials.html

Daniel Bickett

I read c.l.py and (the Unofficial) Planet Python (and that's it), so
perhaps that's an appropriate suggestion:

http://www.planetpython.org/

(From the Starship: "If you want to join the crew, we only require your
PSA membership....")

--
Daniel Bickett
dbickett at gmail dot com

John Salerno

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> the "what now?" page in the tutorial
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/tut/node14.html
>
> lists a couple of relevant web sites for Python users, including:
>
> http://www.python.org
> http://starship.python.net
> http://www.python.org/pypi
>
> the starship link has been there since 1998 or so (Python 1.5), but
> I don't think the starship is very active these days. but if we were
> to replace it with something else, what should that be? what sites
> do pythoneers and pythonistas visit these days?
>
> post your suggestions in this thread or on this page:
>
> http://pytut.infogami.com/node14.html
>
> thanks /F

I just listened to Ron Stephens' podcast about Python websites, so maybe
one or two of these links might be good:

http://www.awaretek.com/weblog/arch_d7_2005_09_03.html

2 sites or not 2 sites Yitzak ASP .Net 5 03-10-2009 11:05 AM
using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files imx Python 10 03-14-2007 02:19 PM
Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames? Stefan Caliandro HTML 2 02-14-2005 06:05 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM

Advertisments