Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > DO NOT USE JAVA BECAUSE IT IS NOT OPEN SOURCE

DO NOT USE JAVA BECAUSE IT IS NOT OPEN SOURCE

atbusbook@aol.com

Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
<i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

atbusbook@aol.com

A Propriatary Languige Is An Oxymorron!!!! A propriatary OS is An
Oxymoron!!!! Take Pro-DOS for example A Knock-off of MS-DOG, the worst
operating system it did not use ONE IOTA OF MS CODE BUT IT was a
sucsefull knockoff. same thing will happen to JAVA!!!!

GEORGE ROGERS

Luc The Perverse

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
> <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
> alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
> Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
> a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
> released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
> NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
> FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

Dear Mr Troll,

There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.

And just because Sun's Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.

Now go get a life.

--
LTP

Roedy Green

On 31 Mar 2006 20:59:16 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
><i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
>alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
>Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
>a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
>released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
>NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
>FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

If you can't even spell, how do you hope to create a language better
than Java?

Oxymoron? Look that up in the dictionary.

Why NOT open source? Check how many upturned turtle icons there are
in the Java glossary next to free software. Without money coming in
to support it, the project dies when the original author gets bored.

Java has a standard, see the JLS see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jls.html
What it lacks is an INDEPENDENT standards body. However Java is in
much tighter shape than C++, SQL or any of the languages that DO have
a standards body.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Furious George

Luc The Perverse wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
> > <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
> > alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
> > Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
> > a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
> > released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
> > NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
> > FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron
> >

> Dear Mr Troll,
>
> There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.

Dumbass! If you knew anything you would know that GNU stands for "GNU
is Not Upen source." That is why the Coo De Tar project is vital. It
uses a "WINDOWS Is Nifty, Dependable, Open, and WINDOWS Source"
(WINDOWS) license which is uber-open source.

> And just because Sun's Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.

Sun's JAVA is uber-proprietary.

> Now go get a life.

Check your calendar!

> --
> LTP

steve

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:06:52 +0800, Luc The Perverse wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed)>):

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
>> <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
>> alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
>> Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
>> a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
>> released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
>> NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
>> FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron
>>

> Dear Mr Troll,
>
> There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.
>
> And just because Sun's Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.
>
> Now go get a life.
>
> --
> LTP

it's April 1st remember

Jack Diederich

Xah, is that you?

Michael Ekstrand

Jack Diederich wrote:
> Xah, is that you?

Nope, can't be. Xah doesn't use caps like that, and Xah also is very big
Free Software not Open Source...

Xah also tends to communicate in a slightly more intelligent fashion.

(note: do not take this as a defense of Xah)

- Michael

--
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
-- Fortune

Luc The Perverse

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:06:52 +0800, Luc The Perverse wrote
> (in article <(E-Mail Removed)>):
>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
>>> <i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
>>> alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
>>> Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
>>> a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
>>> released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
>>> NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
>>> FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron
>>>

>> Dear Mr Troll,
>>
>> There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.
>>
>> And just because Sun's Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.
>>
>> Now go get a life.
>>
>> --
>> LTP
>>

> it's April 1st remember

Ah! Thank you

--
LTP

Alex Hunsley

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
> <i>Coo De Tar</i>
> thats french for Blow of state

No, "Coup d'état" is French.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup

> it is a flash/java
> alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
> Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
> a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
> released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
> NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
> FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

Your AOL is showing. Badly.