Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > C++ and Python

C++ and Python

marc.wyburn@googlemail.com

I've been learning to write VST plugins in C++ and would like to switch
back to Python. The first step of writing the plugin is to import the
C++ header files from the Steinberg SDK. How can I do this in Python.
I've tried looking at SWIG but didn't really understand what it was
trying to do. Should I be using SWIG to create Python versions of
the classes and then go from there or does it create glue code to talk
to the classes.

marc.wyburn@googlemail.com

sorry accidentally hit post.

has nyone tried this before? Thanks, Marc.

Roman Yakovenko

On 30 Mar 2006 23:01:21 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've been learning to write VST plugins in C++ and would like to switch
> back to Python. The first step of writing the plugin is to import the
> C++ header files from the Steinberg SDK. How can I do this in Python.
> I've tried looking at SWIG but didn't really understand what it was
> trying to do. Should I be using SWIG to create Python versions of
> the classes and then go from there or does it create glue code to talk
> to the classes.

Hi. My advice is try to use boost.python library.
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc...tml/index.html
There are also few code generators available for it: pyplusplus and Pyste.

Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding
http://www.language-binding.net/