Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > GUI in python

GUI in python

diffuser78@gmail.com

Hi,

I am a python newbie and have used it for about a month. I want to make
a simple GUI app in Python ( I take input form user and do processing
and show results).

Which gui package is good for me. I need to do it quick and I would not
want a long learning curve.

I was taking look at wxPython, pyGTK etc.

Please suggest me the most simplest and easiest one as I dont need
super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.

Thanks

I. Myself

> Hi,
>
> I am a python newbie and have used it for about a month. I want to make
> a simple GUI app in Python ( I take input form user and do processing
> and show results).
>
> Which gui package is good for me. I need to do it quick and I would not
> want a long learning curve.
>
> I was taking look at wxPython, pyGTK etc.
>

> Please suggest me the most simplest and easiest one as I dont need
> super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.
>
> Thanks

I've had very good results with Tkinter, which is the standard Python
GUI system. On windows, it comes with the standard download. With
linux you have to download it separately.

Mitchell Timin

--
I'm proud of http://ANNEvolve.sourceforge.net. I'm currently working on a
major update of the SailChallenge package. If you want to write software,

Humans may know that my email address is: (but remove the 3 digit number)
zenguy at shaw666 dot ca

Peter Decker

On 29 Mar 2006 14:20:03 -0800, (E-Mail Removed)
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am a python newbie and have used it for about a month. I want to make
> a simple GUI app in Python ( I take input form user and do processing
> and show results).
>
> Which gui package is good for me. I need to do it quick and I would not
> want a long learning curve.
>
> I was taking look at wxPython, pyGTK etc.
>

> Please suggest me the most simplest and easiest one as I dont need
> super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.

You might want to look at Dabo. Not only do they wrap wxPython to make
its API more Pythonic, but they now have visual design tools that make
it very simple to create a UI. http://dabodev.com

I've been using Dabo for a few months now, and can't say enough good
things about it.
--

# p.d.

riplin@Azonic.co.nz

For quick, no learning curve, simple:

http://www.ferg.org/easygui/

Nicolay A. Vasiliev

Hello!

I think this library is enough old, isn't it? Version 0.72 was released
on 2004-06-20.

Nicolay

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> For quick, no learning curve, simple:
>
> http://www.ferg.org/easygui/

peter.mosley@talk21.com

See this thread

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/com...9378d911ba4357

Peter

Eric Brunel

On 29 Mar 2006 14:20:03 -0800, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a python newbie and have used it for about a month. I want to make
> a simple GUI app in Python ( I take input form user and do processing
> and show results).
>
> Which gui package is good for me. I need to do it quick and I would not
> want a long learning curve.
>
> I was taking look at wxPython, pyGTK etc.
>

> Please suggest me the most simplest and easiest one as I dont need
> super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.

This site will allow you to decide for yourself based on the important
criteria for you:
http://www.awaretek.com/toolkits.html

HTH
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"

lucmult@gmail.com

Hi,

I readed in python brazilian list, about a Eagle, it's seems like you
need...

http://www.python.org/pypi/eagle/
http://code.gustavobarbieri.com.br/eagle/

[]s

Luciano Pacheco

Dave Mandelin

A friend of mine recently used PythonCard and he found it pretty good.
I use wxPython, which is what PythonCard is based on, and I think it's
very good, but it's more work to get started with than PythonCard.

--
Want to play tabletop RPGs over the internet?
Check out Koboldsoft RPZen: http://www.koboldsoft.com