Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Nevow LivePage tutorial

Re: Nevow LivePage tutorial

Tim Parkin

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

>On 26 Mar 2006 23:12:33 -0800, Mir Nazim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> 2. Form handling in Nevow
>>

> http://divmod.org/trac/browser/trunk...es/formbuilder
> http://forms-project.pollenation.net/cgi-bin/trac.cgi
>
>Jean-Paul

And http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodNevow/FormHandling

Tim Parkin

Mir Nazim

I really appriciate the help a lot, the but the problems is that i have
already real those. What i was looking for was some kind of detailed
tutorial, that explains the basic ideas about live page and
formhandling etc.
(my be it the time some nevow know guy got onto it)

Tim Parkin

Mir Nazim wrote:
> I really appriciate the help a lot, the but the problems is that i have
> already real those. What i was looking for was some kind of detailed
> tutorial, that explains the basic ideas about live page and
> formhandling etc.
> (my be it the time some nevow know guy got onto it)

What are you trying to implement.. it may be that you don't need
livepage at all.. Is it just some javascript to enhance a form field?
Tim Parkin

Mir Nazim

Tim Parkin wrote:
> Mir Nazim wrote:
> > I really appriciate the help a lot, the but the problems is that i have
> > already real those. What i was looking for was some kind of detailed
> > tutorial, that explains the basic ideas about live page and
> > formhandling etc.
> > (my be it the time some nevow know guy got onto it)

> What are you trying to implement.. it may be that you don't need
> livepage at all.. Is it just some javascript to enhance a form field?
> Tim Parkin

you are right, if it was just a some java script to enhance some for
functionality. But my needs are much more.
I have implemented a School management system for a few school in my
area. Currently it id implemented in PHP. Now they have asked my to
redesign it using AJAX. According to thier specs a lot of AJAX will be
put in to it. Not only this the scope has broadnd a lot. I have to
develop integrated accounting and groupware/collaboration functionality
to it.

Now as we know python is much better language than php. I want to do it
in python in order to keep it maintainable over the period of time. So
thoght Nevow will be good for it. I have understod the basics from the
docs that come with nevow and coded a few basic pages as well. But
these docs do not talk about LivePage and form handling. I did no get
any thing from google either. I even looked at the examples. but could
no understand beyond very very basic things. Things like how to
establish as connection between client side JS and server-side python,
how to notify and how does it take place etc. Most important how much
what sort of JS is I need to put on clien sde and how much server side.

These are few things i would like to know.

So can any one help me, please. It will be OK if some could give me
some code examples with explaination like how to establish a
connection, how to ask for data from serverside etc.

Thanks