Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > boost python tutorial

boost python tutorial

MakaMaka

Hi,
I'm trying to build the basic boost.python tutorial that comes with the
distribution. I'm using bjam and mingw. It builds the module, but
upon import, it gives this error:

ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (inithello)

I've found other threads with this problem as a topic, but no
solutions. Somebody has to have solved this....

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Justin

Roman Yakovenko

On 23 Mar 2006 11:17:46 -0800, MakaMaka <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to build the basic boost.python tutorial that comes with the
> distribution. I'm using bjam and mingw. It builds the module, but
> upon import, it gives this error:
>
> ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (inithello)
>
> I've found other threads with this problem as a topic, but no
> solutions. Somebody has to have solved this....
>

> Any ideas?

Yes.

1. You can subscribe to boost.python mailing list.

2. Can you check whether you named you module as hello?
BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(hello)

> Thanks,
> -Justin

Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding
http://www.language-binding.net/

MakaMaka

I checked and it is. I can't use news servers at work b/c of the
firewall. Is there another way to access this mailing list?

Roman Yakovenko

On 23 Mar 2006 12:36:17 -0800, MakaMaka <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I checked and it is. I can't use news servers at work b/c of the
> firewall. Is there another way to access this mailing list?

If you can use your mail or gmail you can send/recieve mails from it.