Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ISDN DDR -> RRAS

ISDN DDR -> RRAS

Maciej_R

Hi
I have the following problem:
Cisco 2621+ISDN BRI module - I need to dial into MS Windows RRAS and
authenticate using chap or ms-chap with DOMAINNAME\username (existing on
RRAS machine).
Now it dials on demand and connects to the remote modem , but the
authentication fails...
How to configure authentication ?

cheers
Maciek

Aaron Leonard

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:39:37 +0200, "Maciej_R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

~ Hi
~ I have the following problem:
~ Cisco 2621+ISDN BRI module - I need to dial into MS Windows RRAS and
~ authenticate using chap or ms-chap with DOMAINNAME\username (existing on
~ RRAS machine).
~ Now it dials on demand and connects to the remote modem , but the
~ authentication fails...
~ How to configure authentication ?
~
~ cheers
~ Maciek
~

You can't use standard CHAP since (afaik) Windows doesn't support
it for dialin. That leaves PAP or MS-CHAP, but you don't want to
use PAP so that leaves MS-CHAP.

So the config will be something like:

interface bri0
encapsulation ppp
ppp authentication ms-chap callin
ppp pap refuse
ppp chap refuse
ppp chap hostname DOMAINNAME\username
ppp chap username BLAH

debugs:

debug isdn q931
debug ppp negotiation

caveats:

syntax above from memory; typos possible, even likely
might need recent IOS to work right (I think "ppp chap refuse"
was at one time overloaded to cover both standard CHAP and
MS-CHAP)

Aaron

mh

try