Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > py web-app-frameworks without a rdbms...

py web-app-frameworks without a rdbms...

venkatbo@yahoo.com

Hi folks,

Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
from other server-side apps... If these are not good candidates, could
you suggest appropriate ones...

TIA,
/venkat

limodou

On 21 Mar 2006 17:06:12 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
> in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
> from other server-side apps... If these are not good candidates, could
> you suggest appropriate ones...
>
> TIA,
> /venkat

If you don't want to use RDBMS, I think Karrigell is better. Many
features of Django and TurboGears relate to database.

--
I like python!
My Blog: http://www.donews.net/limodou

CatDude

> If you don't want to use RDBMS, I think Karrigell is better. Many
> features of Django and TurboGears relate to database.

I've just begun looking at it, but I've also been impressed with Myghty.

Anand

Try web.py. Very simple and powerful web framework.

http://webpy.org

-anand

Fredrik Lundh

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
> in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
> from other server-side apps...

Django is trivial to use for this (but you still want to use a DB together
with the built-in admin interface for basic configuration stuff; sqlite may
be good enough...)

I haven't used TG myself, but it's probably just as easy.

just pick a stable release of either one and get to work.

</F>

bruno at modulix

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
> in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
> from other server-side apps...

IMHO, both.

> If these are not good candidates, could
> you suggest appropriate ones...

Well... There are *many* web frameworks in Python, you know ?

--
bruno desthuilliers
p in '(E-Mail Removed)'.split('@')])"

Fredrik Lundh

Michael Yanowitz wrote:

> I am relatively new to Python and this is my first post on
> this mailing list.
>
> I am confused as to why I am getting size differences in the following
> cases:

> 4

> 2

> 8

> 6
>
> Why is it 8 bytes in the third case and why would it be only 6 bytes
> in the last case if it is 8 in the previous?

because modern platforms tend to use an alignment equal to the size of
the item; 2-byte objects are stored at even addresses, 4-byte objects
are stored at addresses that are multiples of four, etc.

in other words, HI is stored as 2 bytes H data plus 2 bytes padding plus
four bytes I data, while IH is four bytes I data, no padding, and 2 bytes
H data.

> I tried specifying big endian and little endian and they both have
> the same results.

are you sure? (see below)

> I suspect, there is some kind of padding involved, but it does not
> seem to be done consistently or in a recognizable method.

the alignment options are described in the library reference:

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-struct.html

default is native byte order, native padding:

>>> struct.calcsize("IH")

6
>>> struct.calcsize("HI")

8

to specify other byte orders, use a prefix character. this also disables
padding. e.g.

>>> struct.calcsize("!IH")

6
>>> struct.calcsize("!HI")

6

</F>

Michael Goettsche

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 02:06, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Of TurboGers & Django WAF candidates, which one would be easier to use
> in an environment where the data/content doesn't come an RDBMS, but
> from other server-side apps... If these are not good candidates, could
> you suggest appropriate ones...
>
> TIA,
> /venkat

Be sure to have a look at CherryPy: http://www.cherrypy.org