Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Is there a python library to parse C++ code file?

Is there a python library to parse C++ code file?

Allerdyce.John@gmail.com

Is there a python library to parse C++ code file?
If yes, can you please tell me where is it?

Thank you.

Fredrik Lundh

> Is there a python library to parse C++ code file?
> If yes, can you please tell me where is it?

depends on how you want to parse the file, and what information you
want to extract. without more details, I'd recommend

http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Index.html

combined with some python xml library, e.g.

http://www.effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm
http://www.effbot.org/zone/element-iterparse.htm

which gives you something like:

http://www.boost.org/libs/python/pyste/

which might be a good thing to look at before you start ...

or maybe you had something much simpler in mind ?

</F>

Roman Yakovenko

On 3/17/06, Fredrik Lundh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Is there a python library to parse C++ code file?
> > If yes, can you please tell me where is it?

pygccxml.

http://www.language-binding.net/pygccxml/pygccxml.html

Very powerful package ! It has built-in support for type analisys,
cache and ....

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding