Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > sh mac address int

sh mac address int

Lane Romel

I have a situation where I want to collect mac addresses on ports but I have
2 3com super stacks plugged into a 2950g. The mac address from the 3com
switches show up on the gig uplink trunks but not on the port they are
plugged into. Is there any way to get the mac address to show up on the port
that the 3com switches are plugged into?

Thank you

Ben

That doesn't make sense. Why would the mac-addresses show up at all on the
trunk link? They should only appear on the port they are plugged into.

"Lane Romel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aIT4d.29148$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I have a situation where I want to collect mac addresses on ports but I

have
> 2 3com super stacks plugged into a 2950g. The mac address from the 3com
> switches show up on the gig uplink trunks but not on the port they are
> plugged into. Is there any way to get the mac address to show up on the

port
> that the 3com switches are plugged into?
>

> Thank you

Lane Romel

I understand that it does not make sense hence the post.
"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Jyd5d.3891$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That doesn't make sense. Why would the mac-addresses show up at all on the
> trunk link? They should only appear on the port they are plugged into.
>
> "Lane Romel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:aIT4d.29148$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> I have a situation where I want to collect mac addresses on ports but I

> have
>> 2 3com super stacks plugged into a 2950g. The mac address from the 3com
>> switches show up on the gig uplink trunks but not on the port they are
>> plugged into. Is there any way to get the mac address to show up on the

> port
>> that the 3com switches are plugged into?
>>

>> Thank you

Ben

My implication is that this is human error as opposed to machine error
newsc27d.20776$(E-Mail Removed) ...