Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Password entering system

Password entering system

Tuvas

I want to write a GUI program (Preferably in Tkinter) that will allow
for the entering of passwords, stared out like a normal program does.
Is that possible? Thanks!

Paul Rubin

"Tuvas" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I want to write a GUI program (Preferably in Tkinter) that will allow
> for the entering of passwords, stared out like a normal program does.
> Is that possible? Thanks!

http://blogs.translucentcode.org/ois...assword_entry/

Tuvas

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted!

John McMonagle

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 19:42 -0800, Tuvas wrote:
> Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted!

You may also want to check out Pmw (Python Megawidgets)

Pmw has a nifty Prompt Dialog.

See http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/PromptDialog.html

John

believed to be clean.

Tuvas

I actually decided to write my own, the thing I needed to know was the
show option to entry. That was the key!