Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 801 remote

801 remote

fake

Hello to everyone,
we have cisco 801 ISDN router and I would try to configure it for remote
access from my home computer.
any idea.

fake

I forget, I wont to configure it to access over ISDN line and 56k modem

"fake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ciuems$97e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello to everyone,
> we have cisco 801 ISDN router and I would try to configure it for remote
> access from my home computer.
> any idea.

PES

"fake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ciuept$98d$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I forget, I wont to configure it to access over ISDN line and 56k modem
>
> "fake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ciuems$97e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello to everyone,
>> we have cisco 801 ISDN router and I would try to configure it for remote
>> access from my home computer.
>> any idea.

You cannot dial into an 801 connected to the pstn through isdn from a
computer connected via async modem. There is no modem in the 801. One
would need a way to interpret the async and the hardware is not sufficient
for that.

fake

I was afraid of that. But someone told me that it is possible to do it.
tnx

"PES" <NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE*(E-Mail Removed)*SUCK S> wrote in message
news:4152cd38$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "fake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:ciuept$98d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I forget, I wont to configure it to access over ISDN line and 56k modem
> >
> > "fake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:ciuems$97e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hello to everyone,
> >> we have cisco 801 ISDN router and I would try to configure it for

remote
> >> access from my home computer.
> >> any idea.
> >>

> You cannot dial into an 801 connected to the pstn through isdn from a
> computer connected via async modem. There is no modem in the 801. One
> would need a way to interpret the async and the hardware is not sufficient
> for that.

PES

AFAIK, the only thing you could do would be pure isdn. ISDN would be
required on the pc.

"fake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ciuito$crf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was afraid of that. But someone told me that it is possible to do it.
> tnx
>

> "PES" <NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE*(E-Mail Removed)*SUCK S> wrote in
> message
> news:4152cd38$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "fake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:ciuept$98d$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I forget, I wont to configure it to access over ISDN line and 56k modem
>> >
>> > "fake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:ciuems$97e$(E-Mail Removed)...

> remote
>> >>

>> You cannot dial into an 801 connected to the pstn through isdn from a
>> computer connected via async modem. There is no modem in the 801. One
>> would need a way to interpret the async and the hardware is not
>> sufficient
>> for that.

Ivan Ostres

In article <4152d8d0$(E-Mail Removed)>,
NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE*(E-Mail Removed)*SUCKS says...
> AFAIK, the only thing you could do would be pure isdn. ISDN would be
> required on the pc.

Or.. you can add modem on your console port but since there's no flow
control you can get only 9600.

HTH,

--
-Ivan.

PES

"Ivan Ostres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> In article <4152d8d0$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE*(E-Mail Removed)*SUCKS says...
>> AFAIK, the only thing you could do would be pure isdn. ISDN would be
>> required on the pc.
>>

> Or.. you can add modem on your console port but since there's no flow
> control you can get only 9600.
>
> HTH,

That would only get you console access. No ppp. If there was an aux port,
this would be a possiblility, but 801 has no aux port.

Cisco 801 Cannot ping remote server from Network but can from Cisco801 kevin.harding@harding-it.co.uk Cisco 1 02-17-2005 06:01 PM
Cisco 801 (ISDN): DNS Relay C.S.Mager Cisco 2 10-27-2003 11:38 PM
Cisco 801 (ISDN) C.S.Mager Cisco 8 10-24-2003 06:18 PM
CISCO 800 Series 801 Router IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED!! Thomas Perl Cisco 4 07-16-2003 05:03 PM

Advertisments