Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > router for T-1 then wireless Broadband backup

router for T-1 then wireless Broadband backup

TJR

How do I configure this router to switchover to wireless broadband from a
T-1 connection to serve 300 PC's? It's a 3800 Cisco router out of the box
and want continuous connectivity.

PES

"TJR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cMi4d.16840$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I configure this router to switchover to wireless broadband from a
> T-1 connection to serve 300 PC's? It's a 3800 Cisco router out of the box
> and want continuous connectivity.

Set the router up with a higher administrative distance to the next hop on
the wireless side.

The question is where is the nat for each connection. If it is the 3800,
you will have to policy nat on the next hop interface and give out the
appropriate pool. If nat is being done at the ISP for one of the link,
simply refrain from putting a "ip nat outside" statement on the associated
interface. If both links use the same pool and then these steps are
unnecessary. If they use different public IP's, all connections will be
reset, but should be immediately re-establishable. If that is not
acceptable, you will have to work with the isp(s) to come up with a way you
can use a single ip range on both networks. If a single isp, any dynamic
routing would likely be fine. If multiple isp's, bgp is required.

TJR

One ISP.

Cisco Workgroup Bridges are NAT on AP to switch

1 Public IP thus far
as VPN

Thanks.

news:41521628$(E-Mail Removed)...