Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > expat

expat

Katja Suess

Hi,
may I have a hint what the problem is in my situation?
Is it a syntax error in sweetone.odt or in xml.parsers.expat?
Same problem with different file instead of sweetone.odt means that it's not the file that has a syntax error.
xml.parsers.expat is a standard module that probably has no errors.
So what could cause this error message??

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mytest.py", line 5, in ?
r = c.convert(s, 'HTML','sweetone.odt').decode('base64')
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1029, in __call__
return self.__send(self.__name, args)
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in __request
verbose=self.__verbose
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1080, in request
return self._parse_response(h.getfile(), sock)
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 1214, in _parse_response
p.feed(response)
File "/Users/katjasuess/links/soffice/python-core/lib/xmlrpclib.py", line 528, in feed
self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

Regards, Katja

Jarek Zgoda

Katja Suess napisał(a):

> may I have a hint what the problem is in my situation?
> Is it a syntax error in sweetone.odt or in xml.parsers.expat?
> Same problem with different file instead of sweetone.odt means that it's
> not the file that has a syntax error.
> xml.parsers.expat is a standard module that probably has no errors.
> So what could cause this error message??

Malformed XML document, perhaps. This may be anything, that expat
doesn't like (i.e. wrong encoding, cp1252 declared as latin-1, document
declared as utf-8 but with BOM, and so on).

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/