Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > What is the BEST simulator?

What is the BEST simulator?

J R

I want a sim that allows me to mix and match my own network, with multiple
platforms (catOS and IOS on the switches, capable routers, etc.) and run the
major protocols. Is there such a thing?

J R

Jonathan

"J R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want a sim that allows me to mix and match my own network, with multiple
> platforms (catOS and IOS on the switches, capable routers, etc.) and run
> the
> major protocols. Is there such a thing?

Yep.

Routers and switches.

Nothing simulates like the real thing.

Jonathan

baristha sharma

"Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<BI94d.1840341$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
> "J R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I want a sim that allows me to mix and match my own network, with multiple
> > platforms (catOS and IOS on the switches, capable routers, etc.) and run
> > the
> > major protocols. Is there such a thing?
> >

> Yep.
>
> Routers and switches.
>
> Nothing simulates like the real thing.
>

> Jonathan

But how to get those expensive equipments together.

Yes there is a very inexpensive solution.
$99 lab with switches and routers with hundreds of Cisco IOS commands.
Try this out. I have found this the BEST:

https://www.gambitcommunications.com...lab_ccna.shtml

-bs

Jonathan

"baristha sharma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<BI94d.1840341$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
>> "J R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I want a sim that allows me to mix and match my own network, with
>> >multiple
>> > platforms (catOS and IOS on the switches, capable routers, etc.) and
>> > run
>> > the
>> > major protocols. Is there such a thing?
>> >

>> Yep.
>>
>> Routers and switches.
>>
>> Nothing simulates like the real thing.
>>

>> Jonathan

> But how to get those expensive equipments together.
>
> Yes there is a very inexpensive solution.
> $99 lab with switches and routers with hundreds of Cisco IOS commands.
> Try this out. I have found this the BEST:

Considering that you can get a 2500 for about $25, the sims make even less
sense now than they used to.

Jonathan